Wikipedia:Extreme article inclusion
|This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. |
Such material is not meant to be taken seriously.
- This page is satire and does not represent any official or unofficial Wikipedia policy, past or present.
Extreme article inclusion is an extreme sport in Wikipedia. The goal is to increase the number of articles in Wikipedia as much as possible, by creating articles on obscure topics and foiling the deletion of AfD candidates, no matter how inventive and original the deletion attempts are.
Points are awarded to each player for the reasons they give to justify article inclusion. Standard arguments include "Wikipedia is not paper," "give it time to grow," "valid stub," "if it's POV, then why didn't you rewrite it," "fiction is valid," and "popularity is not notability"; every deletion proposal countered with these reasons earns one point.
Points are also awarded for creating articles, where the number of points awarded is inversely proportional to the number of people who are already interested in the article's topic. Additional points are given for saving articles that have been claimed to be irreparable, or when the article is included despite proof that the article should be deleted under current policy. If an article is merged instead of included, only ½ a point is awarded.
Extreme article inclusion enthusiasts
- L33tminion | (talk) 22:45, Nov 29, 2004 (UTC)
- I'm bi-extreme article curious. —[[User:Radman1|RaD Man (talk)]] 02:03, 8 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- I am especially interested to protect those articles which are deleted because of POV. Zain
- Wikipedia is not paper :D --GTubio 14:37, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- Every single (or married) man, woman, child, and lump of bituminous coal needs its own Wikipedia article. --Aelffin 18:50, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Right on, folks! Let's delete the deletionist, like user:brianyoumans, who takes pride in the number of pages he deleted! And please help me save the Die Mannequin and Care Failure entries! Terveetkadet
- Tyciol (talk) 17:45, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- I once successfully saved this article https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alien_language&oldid=9844057 from an AfD by turning it into this https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alien_language&oldid=9897353. It's now a pretty respectable spiel on exolinguistics. Pretty proud of that. Bacchiad (talk) 01:26, 7 January 2015 (UTC)