Matchbox75Skybusters.JPG (401 × 249 pixels, file size: 25 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
|This is a copyrighted image that has been released by a company or organization to promote their work or product in the media, such as advertising material or a promotional photo in a press kit.|
The copyright for it is most likely owned by the company who created the promotional item or the artist who produced the item in question; you must provide evidence of such ownership. Lack of such evidence is grounds for deletion.
It is believed that the use of some images of promotional material to illustrate:
qualifies as fair use under Copyright law of the United States. Any other usage of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Publicity photos.
Additionally, the copyright holder may have granted permission for use in works such as Wikipedia. However, if they have, this permission likely does not fall under a free license.
Please note that our policy usually considers fair use images of living people that merely show what they look like to be replaceable by free-licensed images and unsuitable for the project. If this is not the case for this image, a rationale must be provided proving that the image provides information beyond simple identification or showing that this image is difficult to replace by a free-licensed equivalent. Commercial third-party reusers of this image should consider whether their use is in violation of the subject's publicity rights.
Fair use for Matchbox (toy)
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- The photo is only being used for informational purposes.
- It is a low resolution image.
- The image is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- The logo is not used in such a way the a reader would be confused into believing that the article is written or authorized by the owner of the logo.
- Its advertising material that uses a phased-out logo and its styling is no longer used by the company, and should not mean any damage to it.
- Represents the design of its era, and removing it would make the article less interesting.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:25, 28 November 2017||401 × 249 (25 KB)||Theo's Little Bot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|02:47, 25 April 2005||No thumbnail||483 × 300 (35 KB)||Viva Chile||Matchbox window ad.|